Wednesday, June 9, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE

BIG 30!!!
(it has arrived)

Well Mike had his 30th birthday in Brazil. What an adventure trying to make that happen. It was Mike's first day of work so Louis and I were on our own the find a cake and a present for daddy!!! First we headed out to find Dad's cake. The hotel manager speaks english very well so headed me in the direction of a bakery. So Louis and I headed off up the road. We get to the bakery and the ladies were really nice and did not speak any english and I did not speak a lick of portuguese. So after about 10mins of trying to get a cake picked out and trying to explain that it was for my husbands birthday. I thought I was set and they would deliver the cake at 4:00. After that I headed to Carrefour(the grocery store) bought Mike his very first set of Havanas(brazilian flip flops) and candles for the cake I ordered. I thought when I got back to the hotel I should check to make sure I got the right cake order so I had the hotel manager Douglas call the bakery and double check my order and that it would be delivered. And this is what I ordered.....A cake I was not sure what kind and for 30 people and they do not deliver. Douglas was very helpful at getting my mess all cleared up and I actually got to choose the cake.

Mike got home and we had a great celebration. We went to the hotel restaurant for dinner and Louis was out of control, but Mike thoroughly enjoyed himself he had two steaks two huge side dish of rices and half of my hamburger and only to his surprise there was a delicious chocolate cake waiting for him upstairs in our room.

(I thought I ordered Blackberries...guess Cherries will due)
Louis had been waiting for the chocolate cake all day. Jean Skyped us during the day and I pulled out to show her and when I put it back in the fridge we had a complete melt down.
Happy Birthday Mike
Love you
Love
Mommy and Louis





7 comments:

Becky said...

You are such a great wife to go to all that for a Birthday Cake.

Kim said...

Sounds like you're having a great adventure down there! So is Mike giving up on being a vegetarian or was he just splurging for his birthday?!

Molly and Jason said...

had to go to Brazil to eat meat again......well, in the best place for it!! Happy Birthday! Happy Travels!

Lynsi said...

Tell Mike he's an old man :)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Happy Birthday Mike! Wow what a fun adventure you guys are on!I can't believe how cute and big Louis has gotten! Keep in touch!

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

Whoa--mike is eating meat?!? And that's funny--I'm sure you'll have a lot more experiences like that! Fun!

thebakerbook said...

I laughed out loud at that story. I miss you kate!