Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Holiday Fun!!

Making Chocolates and The Gingerbread House
So Grandma Olson has been making chocolats for Christmas for years. I have helped her a few years so she headed to my mom's to stay for the weekend. I was the longest two day of chocolate dipping I have ever done. We would start at 8:00am and finish around 10:00pm for two days straight. It is fun though to do it all together and learn her tricks from making the candy to dipping the chocolates. Hayley came over to get in on the action this was her first time to get in on the action and see how it is done. Abbey and Taylor also had fun helping. Austin just enjoyed eating!!! (as did all of us)


G.O. making the centers for the candies.

Here is Abbey, Hayley, Taylor, and Louis

Taylor was putting the pecan on top so we new what kind of candy it was.

This is where I was most of the time. Grandma Sharon and G.O. would prep the centers and I would stand there and dip. Best idea ever by my mom was to melt the chocolate in the the crokpot.

Here is Louis and I making our Gingerbread House. He ate I think a pound of M&M's
He did not care to put the candy on the house or around it he just wanted to eat it!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a fun time.

ruthnewman said...

Louis you are so cute.